This study mainly focuses on understanding the properties of dust particle deposition (Cement, Brick powder, White cement, Fly ash, and Coal) on a solar photovoltaic (PV) panel under dry conditions in an indoor environment to record the percentage efficiency reduction profile. For the experimental study, a solar PV panel is manually drifted at three different titled angles (and) with respect to five different dust samples taken to replicate dry conditions. To maintain optimal power storage by ensuring maximum ray reflection as the angle of inclination of the Solar PV panel changes. It entails long-term postoperative improvement of the Solar PV module by increasing feasibility and meeting user needs. From the experiment result, it is observed that % of power loss of each dust particle is measured accurately such as cement (0.067), brick (0.190), white cement (0.163), fly ash (0.164), and coal (0.177), consolidated for three different tile angles. Similarly, % of power efficiency of each dust particle is measured accurately for three different tile angles such as cement (76.689%), brick (61.822%), white cement (52.792%), fly ash (59.859%), and coal (75.381%), respectively.
PAPER SUBMITTED: 2022-11-03
PAPER REVISED: 2023-01-20
PAPER ACCEPTED: 2023-02-03
PUBLISHED ONLINE: 2023-05-13
- Ali, H. M., et al., Effect of dust deposition on the performance of photovoltaic modules in the city of Taxila, Pakistan. Thermal Science, 21(2017), 915 - 923.
- Radonjic, I. S., et al., Investigation of the impact of atmospheric pollutants on solar module energy efficiency. Thermal Science, 21(2017), 2021 - 2030.
- Amber, K. P., et al., Self-cleaning device for pole-mounted solar photovoltaic installations. Thermal Science, 23(2019), 739 - 749.
- Radivojevic, A. R., et al., Influence of climate and air pollution on solar energy development in Serbia. Thermal Science, 19(2015), S311 - S322.
- Tanesab, J., et al., The effect of dust with different morphologies on the performance degradation of photovoltaic modules. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, 31(2019), 347-354.
- Sisodia, A. K., et al., Impact of bird dropping deposition on solar photovoltaic module performance: a systematic study in Western Rajasthan. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 26(2019), 31119-31132.
- Hachicha, A. A., et al., Impact of Dust on the Performance of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems under United Arab Emirates Weather Conditions. Renewable Energy, (2019).
- Olivares, D., et al., Determination of the Soiling Impact on Photovoltaic Modules at the Coastal Area of the Atacama Desert. Energies, 13(2020), 3819.
- Wang, H., et al., Effect of air quality and dust deposition on power generation performance of photovoltaic module on building roof. Building Services Engineering Research and Technology, 2019.
- Isaifan, R. J., et al., Evaluation of the adhesion forces between dust particles and photovoltaic module surfaces. Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 191 (2019), 413-421.
- Ilse, K. K., et al., Fundamentals of soiling processes on photovoltaic modules. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 98 (2018), 239-254.
- Picotti, G., et al., Soiling of solar collectors - Modelling approaches for airborne dust and its interactions with surfaces. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 81 (2018), 2343-2357.
- Chanchangi, Y. N., et al., An analytical indoor experimental study on the effect of soiling on PV, focusing on dust properties and PV surface material. Solar Energy, 203 (2020), 46-68.
- Kazem, H. A., et al., The Impact of Dust's Physical Properties on Photovoltaic Modules Outcomes. Innovative Renewable Energy, (2019), 495-506.
- Alnaser, N. W., et al., Comparison between performance of man-made and naturally cleaned PV panels in a middle of a desert. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 82 (2018), 1048-1055.
- Deb, D., & Brahmbhatt, N. L. Review of yield increase of solar panels through soiling prevention, and a proposed water-free automated cleaning solution. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 82 (2018), 3306-3313.
- Said, S. A. M., et al., The effect of environmental factors and dust accumulation on photovoltaic modules and dust-accumulation mitigation strategies. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 82 (2018), 743-760.
- Alami Merrouni, A., et al., Large scale PV sites selection by combining GIS and Analytical Hierarchy Process. Case study: Eastern Morocco. Renewable Energy, 119 (2018), 863-873.
- Javed, W., Guo, B., & Figgis, B. Modeling of photovoltaic soiling loss as a function of environmental variables. Solar Energy, 157 (2017), 397-407.
- Touati, F., et al., Long-term performance analysis and power prediction of PV technology in the State of Qatar. Renewable Energy, 113 (2017), 952-965.
- Abderrezek, M., & Fathi, M. Experimental study of the dust effect on photovoltaic panels' energy yield. Solar Energy, 142 (2017), 308-320.
- Mehmood, U., et al., Characterization of dust collected from PV modules in the area of Dhahran, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and its impact on protective transparent covers for photovoltaic applications. Solar Energy, 141 (2017), 203-209.