International Scientific Journal
STUDY ON ICE SLURRY FLOW CHARACTERISTICS BASED ON GENETIC ALGORITHM
Ice slurry is a solid-liquid phase fluid consisting of a liquid solution and ice particles. It is widely used in life and engineering because of its excellent cold-carrying capacity. In this paper, a genetic algorithm is used to optimize the ice slurry flow with the minimum pumping power as the objective function. The results show that the genetic algorithm can be effectively applied to the optimization of ice slurry flow characteristics within reasonable parameters. In addition, the transport characteristics of ice slurry are also analyzed. The selection of suitable ice mass fraction values under different working conditions can make the transport characteristics optimal.
PAPER SUBMITTED: 2021-11-29
PAPER REVISED: 2022-02-06
PAPER ACCEPTED: 2022-03-02
PUBLISHED ONLINE: 2022-05-22
, VOLUME 26
, ISSUE Issue 5
, PAGES [3965 - 3973]
- Liu, B., et al., Ecological relationships of global construction industries in sustainable economic and energy development, Energy, 234. (2021), p. 121249, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2021.121249.
- Rezaie, B.,M.A. Rosen, District heating and cooling: Review of technology and potential enhancements, Applied Energy, 93. (2012), pp. 2-10, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2011.04.020.
- Buffa, S., et al., 5th generation district heating and cooling systems: A review of existing cases in Europe, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 104. (2019), pp. 504-522, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2018.12.059.
- Kauffeld, M., et al., Ice slurry applications, International Journal of Refrigeration, 33. (2010), 8, pp. 1491-1505, DOI No. 10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2010.07.018.
- Lee, W.-S., et al., Optimization for ice-storage air-conditioning system using particle swarm algorithm, Applied Energy, 86. (2009), 9, pp. 1589-1595, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2008.12.025.
- Chen, H.-J., et al., Optimization of an ice-storage air conditioning system using dynamic programming method, Applied Thermal Engineering, 25. (2005), 2, pp. 461-472, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2003.12.006.
- Ashok, S.,R. Banerjee, Optimal cool storage capacity for load management, Energy, 28. (2003), 2, pp. 115-126, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/S0360-5442(02)00109-3.
- Erdemir, D., et al., Experimental investigation on the effect of ice storage system on electricity consumption cost for a hypermarket, Energy and Buildings, 251. (2021), p. 111368, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2021.111368.
- Q., W., et al., Self-Learning Optimal Control for Ice-Storage Air Conditioning Systems via Data-Based Adaptive Dynamic Programming, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 68. (2021), 4, pp. 3599-3608, DOI No. 10.1109/tie.2020.2978699.
- Swayamsiddha, S., Chapter 4 - Bio-inspired algorithms: principles, implementation, and applications to wireless communication, in: Nature-Inspired Computation and Swarm Intelligence, (Ed., Editor^Editors), Academic Press. 2020, pp. 49-63.
- Yang, X.-S., Chapter 6 - Genetic Algorithms, in: Nature-Inspired Optimization Algorithms (Second Edition), (Ed., Editor^Editors), Academic Press. 2021, pp. 91-100.
- Hao, S., et al., The Optimal Pumping Power under Different Ice Slurry Concentrations Using Evolutionary Strategy Algorithms, Energies. 2021.
- Tian, Q., et al., Simulation on transportation safety of ice slurry in ice cooling system of buildings, Energy and Buildings, 72. (2014), pp. 262-270, DOI No. 10.1016/j.enbuild.2013.12.033.
- Kumano, H., et al., Experimental study on flow characteristics of ice slurry through a T-junction Part II: Turbulent flow, International Journal of Refrigeration, 116. (2020), pp. 82-88, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2020.03.018.
- Egolf, P.W.,M. Kauffeld, From physical properties of ice slurries to industrial ice slurry applications, International Journal of Refrigeration, 28. (2005), 1, pp. 4-12, DOI No. 10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2004.07.014.
- Rechem, P. Etude hydrodynamique de fluides diphasiques solide-liquide en conduite circulaire. : Application au coulis de glace, 2002.
- Melinder, Å., Properties and other aspects of aqueous solutions used for single phase and ice slurry applications, International Journal of Refrigeration, 33. (2010), 8, pp. 1506-1512, DOI No. 10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2010.07.014.
- Thomas, D.G., TRANSPORT CHARACTERISTICS OF SUSPENSIONS: III. LAMINAR-FLOW PROPERTIES OF FLOCCULATED SUSPENSIONS. (1961).
- Monteiro, A.C.S.,P.K. Bansal, Pressure drop characteristics and rheological modeling of ice slurry flow in pipes, International Journal of Refrigeration, 33. (2010), 8, pp. 1523-1532, DOI No. 10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2010.09.009.
- Gallagher, K.,M. Sambridge, Genetic algorithms: A powerful tool for large-scale nonlinear optimization problems, Computers & Geosciences, 20. (1994), 7, pp. 1229-1236, DOI No. doi.org/10.1016/0098-3004(94)90072-8.