The boiler efficiency is improved with the help of economizer it is one of the main accessory part in the boiler. Boiler feed water is preheated with the entry of re-used flue gas through economizer. This present work is planned to analyse the overall heat flux and overall heat transfer in the boiler economizer. Higher amount of flue gases passing around the economizer to preheat the feed water at the same time much more heat is transferred. The heat transfer is analysed by statistical method with influence of different process parameters. Economizer fin dimensions are major consideration to taken for this analysis and estimate the overall heat flux and overall heat transfer. The process parameters of this study are named as thickness of the fin (3.5 mm, 4 mm, 4.5 mm, and 5 mm), height of the fin (4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm, and 7 mm), fin gap (12 mm, 14 mm, 16 mm, and 18 mm, and tube diameter (44 mm, 46 mm, 48 mm, and 50 mm). The response values are finding as overall heat flux and overall heat transfer.
PAPER SUBMITTED: 2020-07-30
PAPER REVISED: 2020-10-22
PAPER ACCEPTED: 2021-04-03
PUBLISHED ONLINE: 2021-05-08
, VOLUME 26
, ISSUE Issue 2
, PAGES [849 - 855]
- Kamlesh Dewangan, et al., Analysis and Optimization of Boiler Tube Failure Due To Erosion Using CFD Package, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, 6 (2017) , 11, pp. 21462-21470.
- Sivaprakash. M., et al., Support Vector Machine for Modelling And Simulation of Heat Exchangers, Thermal Sciences An International Journal, 20 (2020), 1B, pp. 499-503. doi.org/10.2298/TSCI190419398M
- Sakthivel, P., et al., Experimental Heat Transfer Analysis on Heat Pipe using Sio2 and Tio2 Nano Fluid, Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics, 11 (2018) , Special Issue, pp. 91-101
- Peng, H., et al., Thermo-hydraulic performances of internally finned tube with a new type wave fin arrays, Applied Thermal Engineering, 98 (2016), pp. 1174-88..
- Khan, M.N., et al., Innovative thermodynamic parametric investigation of gas and steam bottoming cycles with heat exchanger and heat recovery steam generator: energy and exergy analysis, Energy Rep, 4 (2018), pp. 497-506.
- Klein, R., et al., Constructal Design of tube arrangements for heat transfer to non-Newtonian fluids, Int. J. Mech. Sci, 133 (2017), pp. 590-597.
- Sathish, T., et al., Optimal Hydraulic And Thermal Constrain For Plate Heat Exchanger Using Multi Objective Wale Optimization, Materials Today Proceedings, Elsevier Publisher, 21 (2020) 1, pp. 876-881.
- Zhu, K., et al., Total heat recovery of gas boiler by absorption heat pump and direct-contact heat exchanger. Applied Thermal Engineering, 71 (2014), 1, pp. 213-218.
- Bhanja, D., et al., Radiation effect on optimum design analysis of a constructal T-shaped fin with variable thermal conductivity, Heat Mass Transf. 48 (2012), pp. 109-122.
- Sakthivel, P., et al., Effects of nanofluids on heat transfer characteristics in shell and tube heat exchanger, Thermal Sciences An International Journal. doi.org/10.2298/TSCI200426076P
- Sathish, T., et al., Experimental Investigation of Convective Heat Transfer Coefficient on Nano Particles Mixture used in Automobile Radiator Based on Mass Flow Rate, Materials Today Proceedings, Elsevier Publisher, (2019), DOI : 10.1016/j.matpr.2019.12.016
- Kong, Y.Q., et al., Air-side flow and heat transfer characteristics of flat and slotted finned tube bundles with various tube pitches, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 99 (2016), pp. 357-371.
- Sadeghzadeh, H., et al., Techno-economic optimization of a shell and tube heat exchanger by genetic and particle swarm algorithms, Energy Conversion and Management, 93 (2015), pp. 84-91. doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2015.01.007
- Dinesh, S., et al., Modeling and Optimization of machining parameters for Turning of Mild Steel using Single point Cutting tool Made of P20 Tool Steel, Advances in Industrial Automation and Smart Manufacturing, Lecture notes in Mechanical Engineering, (2021), pp 285-295 doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-4739-3_24
- Dinesh, S., et al., Modelling and Optimization of Machining parameters for turning Automotive shafts using RSM and Grey Relational Analysis, Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems, 12 (2020), 4, pp. 375-379. doi: 10.4273/ijvss.12.4.04 (Scopus Indexed).
- Kajendirakumar, S.V., et al., Interaction Study on Centerless Grinding of EN 31 Alloy Steel for Automotive Applications, Int. J. Vehicle Structures & Systems, 12 (2020), 4, pp. 380-383. doi:10.4273/ijvss.12.4.05