International Scientific Journal
UNSTEADY MIXED NANOBIOCONVECTION FLOW IN A HORIZONTAL CHANNEL WITH ITS UPPER PLATE EXPANDING OR CONTRACTING: A REVISED MODEL
This paper presents a revised model for the titled ”Unsteady Mixed Nano-Bioconvection Flow in a Horizontal Channel with Its Upper Plate Expanding or Contracting” . In this paper, the authors used a two phase model for the nanofluid presented in International Journal of Thermal Sciences 77 (2014), Mar., pp. 126-129  in which the nanofluid particle volume at the wall is passively rather than actively controlled. Here, we observed that the boundary conditions are not satisfied in all curves of the nanoparticle volume fraction, ф, i. e. the curves do not match the boundary conditions presented in eq. (19). The second note is that all values of ф are positive which contradicts with the results presented in . Since the equations are coupled then it can be said that not only the behaviors of ф are wrong but also all the results presented in that paper is not correct. The main reason for conducting this investigation is performing a revision for the mentioned paper and presenting a set of curves to show the corrected behaviors for dependent variables.
PAPER SUBMITTED: 2019-04-01
PAPER REVISED: 2019-04-18
PAPER ACCEPTED: 2019-04-20
PUBLISHED ONLINE: 2019-05-12
, VOLUME 23
, ISSUE Issue 5
, PAGES [3283 - 3292]
- N.S. Khan, T. Gul, M.A. Khan, E. Bonyah, S. Islam, Mixed convection in gravity-driven thin film non-Newtonian nanofluids flow with gyrotactic microorganisms, Results in Physics, 7(Supplement C) (2017) 4033-4049.
- A.V. Kuznetsov, A.A. Avramenko, Effect of small particles on this stability of bioconvection in a suspension of gyrotactic microorganisms in a layer of finite depth, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 31(1) (2004) 1-10.
- A. Kuznetsov, The onset of nanofluid bioconvection in a suspension containing both nanoparticles and gyrotactic microorganisms, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 37(10) (2010) 1421-1425.
- A.V. Kuznetsov, Nanofluid bioconvection in water-based suspensions containing nanoparticles and oxytactic microorganisms: oscillatory instability, Nanoscale research letters, 6(1) (2011) 100.
- L. Tham, R. Nazar, I. Pop, Steady mixed convection flow on a horizontal circular cylinder embedded in a porous medium filled by a nanofluid containing gyrotactic micro-organisms, Journal of Heat Transfer, 135(10) (2013) 102601.
- S. Shaw, P. Sibanda, A. Sutradhar, P. Murthy, Magnetohydrodynamics and soret effects on bioconvection in a porous medium saturated with a nanofluid containing gyrotactic microorganisms, Journal of Heat Transfer, 136(5) (2014) 052601.
- H. Xu, I. Pop, Fully developed mixed convection flow in a horizontal channel filled by a nanofluid containing both nanoparticles and gyrotactic microorganisms, European Journal of Mechanics - B/Fluids, 46 (2014) 37-45.
- S.E. Ahmed, A. Mahdy, Laminar MHD natural convection of nanofluid containing gyrotactic microorganisms over vertical wavy surface saturated non-Darcian porous media, Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 37(4) (2016) 471-484.
- F.M. Hady, A. Mahdy, R.A. Mohamed, O.A.A. Zaid, Effects of Viscous Dissipation on Unsteady MHD Thermo Bioconvection Boundary Layer Flow of a Nanofluid Containing Gyrotactic Microorganisms along a Stretching Sheet, World Journal of Mechanics, 2016, 6, 505-526.
- M.J. Uddin, M.N. Kabir, O.A. Bég, Computational investigation of Stefan blowing and multiple-slip effects on buoyancy-driven bioconvection nanofluid flow with microorganisms, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 95 (2016) 116-130.
- Z. Raizah, MHD mixed bioconvection stagnation-point flow of a nanofluid toward stretching surfaces with viscous dissipation and joule heating effects, Computational Thermal Sciences, 9(5) (2017) 1-15.
- S. Mosayebidorcheh, M.A. Tahavori, T. Mosayebidorcheh, D.D. Ganji, Analysis of nano-bioconvection flow containing both nanoparticles and gyrotactic microorganisms in a horizontal channel using modified least square method (MLSM), Journal of Molecular Liquids, 227(Supplement C) (2017) 356-365.
- S.E. Ahmed, H.F. Oztop, M. Mansour, N. Abu-Hamdeh, MHD Mixed Thermo-Bioconvection in Porous Cavity Filled by Oxytactic Microorganisms, Thermal Science, V22, (2018) 6, pp. 2711 - 2721.
- A.V. Kuznetsov, D.A. Nield, The Cheng-Minkowycz problem for natural convective boundary layer flow in a porous medium saturated by a nanofluid: A revised model, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 65 (2013) 682-685.
- A.V. Kuznetsov, D.A. Nield, Natural convective boundary-layer flow of a nanofluid past a vertical plate: A revised model, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 77 (2014) 126-129.
- A.V. Kuznetsov, D.A. Nield, Natural convective boundary-layer flow of a nanofluid past a vertical plate, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 49(2) (2010) 243-247.
- D.A. Nield, A.V. Kuznetsov, The Cheng-Minkowycz problem for natural convective boundary-layer flow in a porous medium saturated by a nanofluid, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 52(25) (2009) 5792-5795.
- A. Raees, H. Xu, S.-J. Liao, Unsteady mixed nano-bioconvection flow in a horizontal channel with its upper plate expanding or contracting, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 86 (2015) 174-182.
- S.E. Ahmed, S.S. Mohamed, M.A. Mansour, A. Mahdy, Heat transfer and entropy generation due to a nanofluid over stretching cylinder: effects of thermal stratification, Computational Thermal Sciences: An International Journal, 9(1) (2017) 29-47.
- S.E. Ahmed, Z.A.S. Raizah, A.M. Aly, Entropy generation due to mixed convection over vertical permeable cylinders using nanofluids, Journal of King Saud University - Science, (2017).
- H. Xu, I. Pop, Mixed convection flow of a nanofluid over a stretching surface with uniform free stream in the presence of both nanoparticles and gyrotactic microorganisms, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 75 (2014) 610-623.