International Scientific Journal
LATTICE BOLTZMANN METHOD SIMULATION OF THE GAS HEAT CONDUCTION OF NANOPOROUS MATERIAL
In order to deeply investigate the gas heat conduction of nanoporous aerogel, a model of gas heat conduction was established based on microstructure of aerogel. Lattice Boltzmann method was used to simulate the temperature distribution and gas thermal conductivity at different size, and the size effects of gas heat conduction have had been obtained under micro-scale conditions. It can be concluded that the temperature jump on the boundary was not obvious and the thermal conductivity remained basically constant when the value of Knudsen number was less than 0.01; as the value of Knudsen number increased from 0.01 to 0.1, there was a clear temperature jump on the boundary and the thermal conductivity tended to decrease and the effect of boundary scattering increased drastically, as the value of Knudsen number was more than 0.1, the temperature jump increased significantly on the boundary, furtherly, the thermal conductivity decreased dramatically, and the size effects were significantly.
PAPER SUBMITTED: 2018-09-06
PAPER REVISED: 2019-02-14
PAPER ACCEPTED: 2019-03-15
PUBLISHED ONLINE: 2019-04-07
, VOLUME 24
, ISSUE Issue 6
, PAGES [3749 - 3756]
- Han, Y. F., et al., Characteristic of heat conduction in nano-insulation material, Journal of Functional Materials, 45(2014), 3, pp. 3017-3019.
- Zhang, Z. H., et al., Silia aerogel materials: preparation, properties, and applications in low-temperature thermal insulation, Journal of Aeronautical Materials, 35(2015), 1 , pp. 87-96.
- Wu, X. D., et al., Advance in research of high temperature resistant aerogel used as insulation material, Materials Review, 29(2015), 9 , pp. 102-108.
- He, Y. L., Xie, T., A review of heat transfer models of nanoporous silica aerogel insulation material, Chinese Science Bulletin, 60(2015),2 , pp. 137-163
- Fricke, J., et al., Optimization of monolithic silica aerogel insulants, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 35(1992), 9 , pp. 2305-2309.
- Kaganer, M. G., Moscona, A., Thermal insulation in cryogenic engineering
- Reichenauer, G., et al., Relationship between pore scale and the gas pressure dependence of the gaseous thermal conductivity
- Zeng, S. O., et al., Geometric structure and thermal conductivity of porous medium silica aerogel, Journal of Heat Transfer, 117(1995), 4 , pp. 1055-1058.
- Zhu, L. L., The monte carlo method and application
- Han, Q., Qi, Y. X., Molecular dynamics investigation of gas flow in nanochannel
- Zhu, C. Y., et al., The DSMC study on gas heat conduction in nanoscale, Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 37(2016), 5 , pp. 1027-1031.
- Guo, Y. H., et al., Molecular dynamics study on heat conductivity mechanism of silica aerogel, Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 32(2011), 1 , pp. 107-110.
- He, Y. L., et al., Lattice Boltzmann method and its applications in engineering thermophysics, Chinese Science Bulletin, 54(2009), 18 , pp. 2638-2656.
- Wang, J., et al., A lattice Boltzmann algorithm for fluid-solid conjugate heat transfer, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 46(2007), 3 , pp. 228-234.
- Wang, M., Pan, N., Predictions of effective physical properties of complex multiphase materials, Materials Science & Engineering R, 63(2009), 1 , pp. 1-30.
- He, Y. L., et al., Lattice boltzmann method: theory and applications
- Ge, C. X., Investigation of gas thermal conductivity in nanopore by molecular dynamics
- Han, Y. F., et al., Simulation on phonon heat transport of silicon dioxide nanomaterial by lattice boltzman method, Journal of Engineering Thermophysics, 32(2011), 9 , pp. 1571-1574.