International Scientific Journal
UNSTEADY MHD BIO-NANOCONVECTIVE ANISTROPIC SLIP FLOW PAST A VERTICAL ROTATING CONE
MHD bioconvective of nanofluid flow past a rotating cone with anistropic velocity slips, thermal slip, mass slip and microorganism slips is studied theoretically and numerically. Suitable similarity transformations are used to transform the governing boundary layer equations into non-linear ordinary differential equations which were then solved numerically. The effect of the governing parameters on the dimensionless velocities, temperature, nanoparticle volume fraction (concentration), density of motile microorganisms as well as on the local skin friction, local Nusselt, Sherwood number and the local motile microorganism numbers are examined. Results from this investigation were compared with previous related investigations and good agreement was found. It is found that for both in the presence and absence of magnetic field, increasing velocity slips reduce the friction factor. It is also found that increasing thermal slip, mass slip and microorganism slips strongly reduce heat, mass and microorganism transfer respectively. This study is relevant in bio-chemical industries in which microfluidic devices involved.
PAPER SUBMITTED: 2016-11-14
PAPER REVISED: 2016-02-18
PAPER ACCEPTED: 2017-04-07
PUBLISHED ONLINE: 2017-05-06
, VOLUME 23
, ISSUE Issue 2
, PAGES [427 - 441]
- Anilkumar, D., Roy, S., Unsteady mixed convection flow on a rotating cone in a rotating fluid, Appl. Math. Comput., 155(2004), 2, pp. 545-561
- Nadeem, S., Saleem, S., Analytical study of rotating non-newtonian nanofluid on a rotating cone, J. Thermophys. Heat Transf., 28(2014), 2, pp. 295-302
- Nadeem, S., Saleem, S., Unsteady mixed convection flow of nanofluid on a rotating cone with magnetic field, Appl. Nanosci., 4(2014), pp. 405-414
- Hering, R. G., Grosh, R. J., Laminar free convection from a non-isothermal cone, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf., 5(1962), pp. 1059-1068
- Himasekhar, K., et al., Laminar mixed convection from a vertical rotating cone, Int Comm. Heat Mass Transf., 16(1989), pp. 99-106
- Ravindran, R., et al., Effects of injection (suction) on a steady mixed convection boundary layer flow over a vertical cone, Int. J. Numer. Methods Heat Fluid Flow, 19(2009), pp. 432-444
- Raju, S. H., Thermophoresis effect on heat and mass transfer from a rotating cone in a porous medium with thermal radiation, Afrika Mat., (2016)
- Nadeem, S., Saleem, S., Analytical study of third grade fluid over a rotating vertical cone in the presence of nanoparticles, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf., 85(2015), pp. 1041-1048
- Hashmi, M.M., et al., On the analytic solutions for squeezing flow of nanofluid between parallel disks, Nonlinear Anal. Model. Control, 17(2012), 4, 418-430
- Nadeem, S., Saleem, S., Analytical treatment of unsteady mixed convection MHD flow on a rotating cone in a rotating frame, J. Taiwan Inst. Chem. Eng., 44(2013), 4, pp. 596-604
- Kumar, A., Numerical study of effect of induced magnetic field on transient natural convection over a vertical cone, Alexandria Eng. J., 55(2016), 2, pp. 1211-1223
- Raju, C.S.K., Sandeep, N., Heat and mass transfer in MHD non-Newtonian bio-convection flow over a rotating cone/plate with cross diffusion, J. Mol. Liq., 215(2016), pp. 115-126
- Sulochana, C., et al., Numerical investigation of chemically reacting MHD flow due to a rotating cone with thermophoresis and brownian motion, 86(2016), pp. 61-74.
- Saleem, S., Nadeem, S., Theoretical analysis of slip flow on a rotating cone with viscous dissipation effects, J. Hydrodyn., 27(2015), 4, pp. 616-623.
- Bataineh, K. Numerical and theoretical investigations of flow in a microcone and plate viscometer, J. Fluids Eng., 136(2014), 10, pp. 101201.
- Siddiqa, S., et al., Numerical solutions of nanofluid bioconvection due to gyrotactic microorganisms along a vertical wavy cone, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf. 101(2016), pp. 608-613
- Saleem, S., et al., Buoyancy and metallic particle effects on an unsteady water-based fluid flow along a vertically rotating cone, Eur. Phys. J. Plus, 129(2014), pp. 1-8 .
- Bandaru, M., et al., Influence of nonlinear convection and thermophoresis on heat and mass transfer from a rotating cone to fluid flow in porous medium, Therm. Sci., 00(2016), pp. 4-4.
- Karniadakis, G., et al., Microflows and nanoflows fundamentals and simulation, Springer Science & Business Media, New York, 2006.
- Xu, H.J., et al., Analytical considerations of slip flow and heat transfer through microfoams in mini / microchannels with asymmetric wall heat fluxes, Appl. Therm. Eng., 93(2016), pp. 15-26.
- Kishore, N., Ramteke, R. R., Forced convective heat transfer from spheres to Newtonian fluids in steady axisymmetric flow regime with velocity slip at fluid-solid interface, Int. J. Therm. Sci., 105(2016), pp. 206-217
- Raza, J., et al., Heat andmass transfer analysis of MHD nanofluid flow in a rotating channel with slip effects, J. Mol. Liq., 219(2016), pp. 703-708
- Uddin, J., et al., Computational study of three-dimensional stagnation point nanofluid bio-convection flow on a moving surface with anisotropic slip and thermal jump effect, J. Heat Transfer, 138(2016), pp. 1-7
- Uddin, M.J., et al., Finite element simulation of magnetohydrodynamic convective nanofluid slip flow in porous media with nonlinear radiation, Alexandria Eng., J. 55(2016), 2, pp. 1305-1319.
- Md Basir, M.F., et al., Nanofluid slip flow over a stretching cylinder with Schmidt and Péclet number effects, AIP Adv., 6(2016), 5, pp. 055316
- Uddin, M.J., et al., Lie group analysis and numerical solution of magnetohydrodynamic free convective slip flow of micropolar fluid over a moving plate with heat transfer, Comput. Math. with Appl., 70(2015), 5, pp. 846-856
- Turkyilmazoglu, M., Anomalous heat transfer enhancement by slip due to nanofluids in circular concentric pipes, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf., 85(2015), pp. 609-614
- Sinha, A., et al., Peristaltic transport of MHD flow and heat transfer in an asymmetric channel : Effects of variable viscosity, velocity-slip and temperature jump, Alexandria Eng. J., 54(2015), 3, pp. 691-704
- Abdul Latiff, N.A., et al., Unsteady forced bioconvection slip flow of a micropolar nanofluid from a stretching/shrinking sheet, J. of Nanomat. Nanoeng. and Nanosys, (2015) 1740349915613817
- Uddin, M.J., et al., Multiple slips and variable transport property effect on magnetohydromagnetic dissipative thermosolutal convection in a porous medium, J. Aerosp. Eng., (2014) 04016024
- Uddin, M.J., et al., Scaling group transformation for MHD double-diffusive flow past a stretching sheet with variable transport properties taking into account velocity slip and thermal slip boundary conditions, Pertanika J. Sci. Technol., 24(2016), 1, pp. 53-70
- Bataineh, K.M., Taamneh, Y., Novel rotating cone viscous micro pump, Int. J. Eng. Syst. Model. Simul., 5(2013), 4, pp. 188-196
- Khan, W.A., Makinde, O. D., MHD nanofluid bioconvection due to gyrotactic microorganisms over a convectively heat stretching sheet, Int. J. Therm. Sci., 81(2014), pp. 118-124
- Nield, D.A., Kuznetsov, A.V., The Cheng-Minkowycz problem for the double- diffusive natural convective boundary layer flow in a porous medium saturated by a nanofluid, Int. J. Heat Mass Transf., 54(2011), pp. 374-378
- Shen, B., et al., Bioconvection heat transfer of a nanofluid over a stretching sheet with velocity slip and temperature jump, Therm. Sci., 00(2015), pp. 128-128
- Sameh E. Ahmed, et al., MHD Mixed Thermo-Bioconvection in Porous Cavity Filled by Oxytactic Microorganisms, Therm. Sci., 00(2017), pp. 1-12.
- Raju, C.S., Sandeep, N., Dual solutions for unsteady heat and mass transfer in bio-convection flow towards a rotating cone/plate in a rotating fluid, Int. J. Eng. Res. Africa, 20(2016), pp. 161-176.